Apply Filters To Map Pins
Map filters allow you to show or hide the locations on your map Excel data according to distinct characteristics. For example, let’s say you are an insurance company and have data about their policy types: Policy A, Policy B, and Policy C. Now, once you categorize your customers according to their policy type, you can apply filters! You would just add a column in your Excel spreadsheet with the policy category. When you paste your data to be mapped, be sure you include the policy column.
Now that you have your map, you can click the filter icon in the left sidebar to see all the columns from your spreadsheet. Expand any of your categories and you will see the options available to show or hide locations with those attributes.
Steps to apply filters to map pins
- Open you map with the data set showing on the map.
- On the left sidebar, click on the Drop Down Options button next to your data set.
- Click on the Filter option.
- Set the category you would like to apply the filter to.
- Select the values you would like to show or hide. You can also apply formula filters by choosing the Formula option under the Type drop down.
- Click Update.
- Click Done.
Now you can see the filtered locations on your map. Go ahead and try it out by signing up now.