Software Update: The Mapping Experience Made Even Easier
Faster, Intuitive User Face
For successful mapping, users need an intuitive interface that makes data visualization fast and easy. Mapline’s latest software update gives a complete face lift to the user experience, cleaning up the platform and making it easier for users to create maps and analyze their data. A live chat feature has also been added if users have questions or need help.
New and Improved Mobile Friendly Experience
Now users can create and analyze your maps all from your mobile device. Mapline’s latest update makes it fast and easy to work within the platform anywhere, anytime, so users don’t have to be tied down to their desktops.
Add Map Elements from One Drop Down
With a single “Add” dropdown button, users can incorporate datasets, territories or boundaries, custom shapes, and miscellaneous pins into their maps. This makes it faster for users to visualize their data and customize what they include in their maps.
Draw Custom Shapes Faster
When users wanted to create multiple custom shapes, they’d have to select a shape, create it, then repeat. Mapline’s update to its custom shapes feature cuts that time in half, letting users draw multiple shapes at once. Users can now also edit their shapes after drawing and add labels and names for custom organization.
Filter When and How You Want
Mapline’s Filter feature is more powerful than ever before. Users can now create filters based on multiple columns within their datasets so they can customize their views and get more specific with their data analysis.
Mapline’s latest software update includes other upgraded features for users, including:
- An easier territory styling that will be responsive when coloring boundaries based on pin data.
- An adjusted dropdown menu where the “Marker” label has been changed to “Styling”. This section allows users to edit their pins, make them a specific dot density, and upload custom images for the pins – all from a single menu.
- Reformatted styling within the platform to have the same look and feel as the Mapline website.
- Moving the “Tools” button from the left sidebar to the main header bar.
Have questions about Mapline’s software update? Contact us today for assistance!
The biggest changes are here, and they’re taking the mapping experience to a whole new level! Since it’s Mapline’s goal to exceed the expectations of our users, here are the changes that we designed and developed over the past few months to bring you the best mapping experience in the most time-efficient ways.
The first thing you’ll notice is that most of the features are now more accessible. This is because we have consolidated everything that can be added on a map into just one button. The “Add” Button menu includes adding pins, dataset pins, shapes, and boundaries. So if you are going to use these features, this is where you’ll go. What makes it even easier to use is the right click functionality for quick menu access once you’ve add them to the map.
Shapes (Including Boundaries)
One of the most prominent changes that we’ve made has to do with our custom drawn shapes. We’ve made it so much easier for you to draw polygons, polylines, circles, or rectangles on your map. They are also editable; you can name the shapes, hide them, or delete them in just a few clicks. This feature can also be found in “Add” button.
Since we’re talking about shapes, the territory boundary shapes also have their share of changes. Like custom drawn shapes, boundaries can be accessed using the “Add” button. You will notice that when you add a boundary, you can now edit individual territory areas inside the boundary. For example, when you add a U.S. State boundary, you can choose to edit an individual state (California, New York, etc) like changing the boundary color, hiding or deleting them, or renaming them. What makes adding boundaries even better is the added option to change the fill color of the boundary without having to add a new boundary. Plus, if you’re coloring the boundaries based on a column from your dataset, the coloring will now be responsive. So the days of having to manually update your boundaries when your dataset updates are long gone!
Want to add pins directly on your map? With these changes comes the option of adding pins on your map at the click of a mouse! It’s that easy! Just click your mouse wherever you want to drop your added pins.
Changing the way your map pin looks like is now more exciting with the Styling option. The “Styling” tab allows you to change the color, shape, stamp, and size of your pins. You can add custom images as your map pin.
This is also the tab to click when you want to cluster your pins or create a dot density map.
Filtering the pins is now made more powerful. Your map pins can now be filtered with different criteria. The Filter Option allows you to choose a category to filter. Not only that, it now allows you to choose the criteria (equals, does not equal, contain, does not contain), add calculation, and use the AND and OR functionalities.
Here’s how it works: For example, you only want to see the map pins that are essentially: belong to a specific sales representative. Or you want to see only the map pins (locations) with $500K in sales (regardless of sales rep). Now, you can show both at the same time!
We have also moved and upgraded a few more things. Here are some other changes:
- The “Tools” Menu is now located on the top right corner of the screen.
- The “Tools” Menu includes the Excel Add-in and Distance Calculator.
- If you want to export a map, click “Save Image As.”
- The “Menu” button is now called “Options.”
- The zoom buttons can now be found on the right side of the map.
- Looking for “Sublayers”? Click “Segments” and you will notice improved functionalities.
Since Mapline is on par with the growing demands of technology, especially when it comes to using mobile internet, we want to make sure that Mapline is mobile-friendly. Along with the changes that we’ve made, you will quickly notice that adding datasets, drawing shapes, and editing data, are just some of the things that you can do on your mobile device. And we’re not just talking about doing these things easily. You can also do them fast!
Ask us and we’re always available to help you when needed. Our Live Chat provides instant help as you build your map. It is located under the “Help” tab.
Links to Updated Features
The Mapline API allows you to integrate your systems with Mapline. The API Documentation has all of the information and documentation needed to use Mapline’s API. Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about Mapline’s API pricing plans and gaining access to Mapline’s API solutions.
The XML Data Feed will allow you to automate the process of uploading your data onto Mapline. This feature is available to users on the Enterprise plan. All you will need to do is follow these four simple steps:
- The first thing that you will do is request a Feed API Key from Mapline. Just fill out the Contact Us Form and let us know you’re looking for a Feed API Key. You will need to give this to your IT team so that they can use it in Step 2.
- Now you need to format your data into XML, but don’t worry because this is simple for your IT team. The XML Documentation is all that your IT team will need. Be sure to let your IT team know what data you would like to be sent to Mapline.
- Lastly, you will need to decide with your IT team how you’re going to transfer the data to Mapline:
- Send the data to Mapline via SFTP.
- Mapline retrieves the data via SFTP.
- Post your data on a public URL and provide Mapline with the URL to retrieve the data.
- Then you will need to reach out to Mapline. All Mapline needs to know is which of the following ways you have decided to use to send your data and how frequently you will transfer it. Then, Mapline will work with your IT team to make sure that the XML is working properly.