You can easily create a map of Cameroon departments using Mapline. Cameroon, a Central African country, covers a land area of 475,442 km2. It has a population of more than 22.5 million. Its name was derived from a Portuguese word meaning “River of Prawn.” Banana, coffee beans, and cocoa are some of the country’s top productions.
Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of Cameroon departments. Cameroon is divided into 10 semi-autonomous regions which are further divided into 58 divisions or departments headed by appointed divisional officers. The divisions are still sub-divided into arrondissements which in turn are headed by assistant divisional officers. The smallest administrative unit is the district. Only the large subdivisions and regions that are difficult to reach are divided into districts which are administered by district heads.
Steps to Create a Map of Cameroon Departments
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click “New Map” to create a new map.
- Give your map a name and click “Create Map.”
- Click the orange “Add Data Layers” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Add Territories” option.
- Select “Cameroon Departments” as the territory type.
- Give this territory overlay a Name and select the coloring option.
- Click “Continue.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of Cameroon departments! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each department just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a map of Cameroon departments.