How do I create a dataset?
This is the column with the name of your location. When you hover over a location in the map, the Name will appear to let you know which location you are viewing. This is not a required field, but it is a key field we look for.
This is the address of your location. This can either contain the full address (street, city, state, postal code), or this may just contain the street.
Zip Code or Postal Code
This is a semi-required field.
Latitude and Longitude
If you do include latitude and longitude coordinates, be sure that they’re in decimal format, i.e., 35.5486465, -52.8976423, so that Mapline can read them properly.
Once you’ve formatted your spreadsheet correctly, you are ready to upload your dataset into Mapline! Here are the steps you need:
- Log in to your Mapline account.
- Click “New.”
- Select “New Dataset.”
- Give your dataset a name.
- Copy all of the rows of your spreadsheet you want to plot, and include the header row.
- Paste that into the box on Mapline.
- Click “OK.”
Then if you want to add that dataset to your map, follow these steps:
- Either open an existing map, or create a new map by clicking “OK” and then “New Map.”
- Once on the map, click “Add.”
- Select “Dataset Pins.”
- Check the box of the dataset you created.
- Click “OK.”
- How do I add multiple datasets to a map?
- What can I have appear in the pin description bubble?
- How do I set up an API?
- How do I draw circles on my map?
- What are the differences between the territory heat map options: location density, sum, and average?
- How do I label my pins?
- How do I embed a map on my website?