What are the differences between view and edit permissions on a shared map?
When you collaborate with your team, there are two permission levels for shared maps: View Only and Edit. When you share a map as View Only, the user can do the following:
- Navigate the map
- See the datasets in the left sidebar
- Check the box to show or hide the pins for datasets
- Apply filters to the pins on the map
With View Only permissions, a user CANNOT:
- Change the marker
- Add additional data sets to a map
- Edit data for any location
- See the entire dataset nor export it
Edit permissions enables a user to have full access to the map and the dataset. Edit permissions are only available for accounts with multiple users when sharing with another user on the same account.