How do I set up an XML data feed?
The XML Data Feed will allow you to automate the process of uploading your data onto Mapline. This feature is available to users on the Enterprise plan. All you will need to do is follow these four simple steps:
- The first thing that you will do is request a Feed API Key from Mapline. Just fill out the Contact Us Form and let us know you’re looking for a Feed API Key. You will need to give this to your IT team so that they can use it in Step 2.
- Now you need to format your data into XML, but don’t worry because this is simple for your IT team. The XML Documentation is all that your IT team will need. Be sure to let your IT team know what data you would like to be sent to Mapline.
- Lastly, you will need to decide with your IT team how you’re going to transfer the data to Mapline:
- Send the data to Mapline via SFTP.
- Mapline retrieves the data via SFTP.
- Post your data on a public URL and provide Mapline with the URL to retrieve the data.
- Then you will need to reach out to Mapline. All Mapline needs to know is which of the following ways you have decided to use to send your data and how frequently you will transfer it. Then, Mapline will work with your IT team to make sure that the XML is working properly.
- What does the error message “Headers not Found” mean?
- How do I use the Excel Add-in?
- What are the differences between the territory heat map options: location density, sum, and average?
- How do I upgrade my account plan?
- What territories are available in Mapline?
- How do I cluster map pins?
- How do I break my pins up into segments?