Japan Prefecture Map
You can easily create a Japan Prefecture map using Mapline. Prefectures are the 1st level administrative division in Japan. They are further divided into cities and districts. Each district is sub-divided into towns and villages. As the capital of Japan, Tokyo has the features of both a prefecture and a city so it serves the role as a merged city-prefecture.
Using Mapline, you can easily create a Japan Prefecture map. The 47 prefectures of Japan are divided into 43 prefectures proper, 2 urban prefectures, 1 circuit or territory, and 1 metropolis.
Steps to Create a Japan Prefecture Map
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click “New Map” to create a new map.
- Give your map a name and click “Create Map.”
- Click the orange “Add Data Layers” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Add Territories” option.
- Select “Japan Prefectures” as the territory type.
- Give this territory overlay a Name and select the coloring option.
- Click “Continue.”
That’s how easy it is to create a Japan Prefecture map! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each prefecture just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a Japan Prefecture map.