Map of Australian States and Territories
You can now create a map of Australian States and Territories. Australia is a continent made up of 6 states, 3 federal territories and 7 external territories. Here’s a brief description to some of Australia states:
- Australian Capital Territory – established in 1911.
- New South Wales – Sydney, the capital, is the largest and the most cosmopolitan city. The economy of this state is the largest in Australia.
- Victoria – smallest of the mainland States yet the 2nd most populous.
- Northern Territory – Aborigines take up the larger portion of its population.
- South Australia – The source of many fine wines.
- Western Australia – nearly the size of Western Europe, but has a population of less than 2 million. More than 70% of its people live in Perth, the capital city.
Steps to create a map of Australian States and Territories
- Create a Mapline and login.
- Click “New Map” to create a new map.
- Give your map a name and click “Create Map.”
- Click the orange “Add Data Layers” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Add Territories” option.
- Select “Australia States and Territories” as the territory type.
- Give this territory overlay a Name and select the coloring option.
- Click “Continue.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of Australian States and Territories! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each state just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a map of Australian States and Territories.