Map of Costa Rica Provinces
You can easily create a map of Costa Rica provinces using Mapline. The name of this Central American country literally means “rich coast.” True to its name, Costa Rica is rich in natural resources especially its fertile land which makes agriculture the major industry. It shares its borders with Nicaragua, Panama, and Ecuador.
Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of Costa Rica provinces. Costa Rica is divided into 7 provinces which are further divided into 81 cantons and sub-divided into 473 districts. The provinces are:
- Alajuela – composed of 15 cantons divided into 111 districts
- Cartago – one of the smallest province with 8 cantons
- Guanacaste – the most sparsely populated province subdivided into 11 cantons
- Heredia – with 10 cantons and 47 districts
- Limón – the most culturally diverse province with 6 cantons
- Puntarenas -with 11 cantons plus an island called Isla del Coco
- San José – the provincial capital with 20 cantons
Steps to Create a Map of Costa Rica Provinces
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click “New Map” to create a new map.
- Give your map a name and click “Create Map.”
- Click the orange “Add Data Layers” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Add Territories” option.
- Select “Costa Rica Provinces” as the territory type.
- Give this territory overlay a Name and select the coloring option.
- Click “Continue.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of Costa Rica provinces! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each province just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a map of Costa Rica provinces.