Map of UK Postcode Areas
You can easily create a map of UK postcode areas using Mapline. In the United Kingdom, postcodes are widely used not only in sorting out mail. The uses of postcodes expands from assigning the destination patterns of route planning software to calculating insurance premiums. It is also a vital tool used in census.
Postcode area refers to outward code where the characters are letters. Thus, they have “L” for Liverpool or “RH” for Redhill. A postal area may cover a wide area. For instance. “BT” which refers to Belfast covers the entire Northern Ireland.
Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of UK postcode areas.
Steps to Create a Map of UK Postcode Areas
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click “New Map” to create a new map.
- Give your map a name and click “Create Map.”
- Click the orange “Add Data Layers” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Add Territories” option.
- Select “U.K. Postcodes – Areas” as the territory type.
- Give this territory overlay a Name and select the coloring option.
- Click “Continue.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of UK postcode areas! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each postcode just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a map of UK postcode areas.