Map of UK Counties
You can easily create a map of UK counties using Mapline. UK counties are used mainly for administrative, geographical and political purposes.
- England has 48 ceremonial counties (also called “geographic counties”). These are further divided into 83 metropolitan and non-metropolitan counties.
- Northern Ireland has 6 counties. They are more of historic counties rather than being used for administrative purposes.
- Scotland has 33 local government counties and other registration counties.
- Wales has 13 historic counties aside from 22 unitary authorities. 11 from these unitary authorities are legally classified as counties.
Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of UK counties.
Steps to Create a Map of UK Counties
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click “New Map” to create a new map.
- Give your map a name and click “Create Map.”
- Click the orange “Add Data Layers” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Add Territories” option.
- Select “U.K. Counties” as the territory type.
- Give this territory overlay a Name and select the coloring option.
- Click “Continue.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of UK counties! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each county just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a map of UK counties.