Get a UK Postcode Map by District
Steps to Download a Map of UK Postcode Districts
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “U.K. Postcode Districts.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of UK postcode districts. Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each postcode just by clicking on them. Learn more about our individual, team, API and custom plans to get started today.
Analyzing Your Postcode District Map
The United Kingdom uses postcodes for several reasons—and it is no longer limited to mail sorting. Over the years, postcodes have been used in different areas, including:
- Aiding in census enumeration
- Assigning destinations in route planning software
- Determining insurance premiums
The postcode district refers to the outward code. It is the postcode area plus one or two numerical digits. Thus, “W1A”, “RH1”, and “SE1P” are some examples of postcode districts. Using Mapline, you can easily create a territory map of UK postcode districts like these. Simply download your map from Mapline, overlay your Excel data, and perform district-level analyses on UK postcode boundaries. Whether you’re pitching a presentation, looking for patterns, or arming your sales and marketing team with geographic insights, Mapline’s powerful mapping tools take your analyses to the next level.
Explore Our Mapping Features
Want to know what else you can do beyond creating a map of UK postcode areas for Excel data? Check out our other features: