Map of UK Postcode Districts
You can easily create a map of UK postcode districts using Mapline. The United Kingdom uses postcodes for several reasons. It is no longer limited to mail sorting. Over the years, postcodes have been used in different areas including:
- Aiding in census enumeration
- Assigning destinations in route planning software
- Determining insurance premiums
Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of UK postcode districts. The postcode district refers to the outward code. It is the postcode area plus 1 or 2 numerical digits. Thus, “W1A”, “RH1”, and “SE1P” are some examples of postcode districts.
Steps to Create a Map of UK Postcode Districts
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange button “New.”
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Boundaries” option.
- From the “Boundary Type” select “U.K. Postcodes – Districts.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Colors, Heatmap on pins inside boundaries, or Paste colors from a spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of UK postcode districts! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each postcode just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a map of UK postcode districts.