US Core Based Statistical Area Map
You can easily create a US Core Based Statistical Area Map using Mapline. Core Based Statistical Area (CBSA) refers to an urban geographic area with at least 10,000 people. Its surrounding areas are socio-economically connected to the urban center by commuting. Areas are defined by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
Using Mapline, you can easily create a US Core Based Statistical Area map.
Steps to create US Core Based Statistical Area map
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “U.S. Core Based Statistical Area – Metropolitan/Micropolitan.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a US Core Based Statistical Area map! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each statistical area just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a US Core Based Statistical Area map.