US National Parks Map
You can easily create a US National Parks map using Mapline. These maps are often used in schools to educate and engage students about different national parks in the United States. They are also used by different organizations to preserve and protect the national parks. Maps showcasing national parks can be used in informing, storytelling, and exploring. But before we do, let’s give you a few interesting facts:
- There are 59 known National Parks in the US.
- Yellow Stone was the first park, and it was signed into law in 1872.
- California has the most national parks (9).
- The most-visited national park is the Great Smoky Mountains.
- There are 27 states that house national parks.
Steps to create US National Parks map
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “U.S. National Parks.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”