US National Parks Map
You can easily create a US National Parks map using Mapline. These maps are often used in schools to educate and engage students about different national parks in the United States. They are also used by different organizations to preserve and protect the national parks. Maps showcasing national parks can be used in informing, storytelling, and exploring.
But before we do, let’s give you a few interesting facts:
- There are 59 known National Parks in the US.
- Yellow Stone was the first park, and it was signed into law in 1872.
- California has the most national parks (9).
- The most-visited national park is the Great Smoky Mountains.
- There are 27 states that house national parks.
Steps to create US National Parks map
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click “New Map” to create a new map.
- Give your map a name and click “Create Map.”
- Click the orange “Layers” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Add Territories” option.
- Select “U.S. National Parks” as the territory type.
- Give this territory overlay a Name and select the coloring option.
- Click “Continue.”
That’s how easy it is to create a US National Parks map! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each park just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a US National Parks map.