US School District Map
Steps to Download a Map of US School Districts
Maps are an essential way to take your business, research, or municipality to the next level. With a map of US school districts, you can visually analyze trends and create stronger reports. Ready to create a school map showing districts? To get started, follow these simple steps:
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “U.S. School Districts.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a US school district by state. Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Then, get summary information about the locations inside each district just by clicking on them. Learn more about our individual, team, API and custom plans to get started today.
Analyzing Your US School District Map
School districts cover public schools which are governed by school boards. Each district may be an independent, special purpose government or dependent school system under the state government.
A US school district may contain elementary, secondary, or unified districts. Elementary school districts include kindergarten and grades 1–5. They sometimes also include grade 6. Secondary school districts generally cover any school with grades 7 (and sometimes 6) to 12. Unified school districts operate both elementary and secondary schools under the same district control.
You can easily create a map of US school districts using Mapline. Simply download your school map, overlay your Excel data, and perform deeper analyses.
Explore Our Mapping Features
Want to know what else you can do beyond creating your map of US school districts? Check out our other features: