US State Legislative District Map
You can easily create a US State Legislative District map. As a bicameral legislature, the United States has 2 chambers – the House of Representatives (Lower) and the Senate (Upper). The upper house has more restricted power. Each state is represented by 2 senators. The Senate’s responsibilities include confirming appointments of ambassadors, cabinet secretaries, federal judges and executive officials, military and regulatory officials, and others. The lower house is said to have more power which include the power to elect a US President (if there is no majority in the Electoral College), initiate revenue bills, and impeach officials. Each state is represented in the House. The more populous the state is, the more house of representatives it has. California, being the most populous, has currently 53 representatives. Using Mapline, you can easily create a US State Legislative District map. The territories are available for Lower (House) and Upper (Senate) for all states.
Steps to create a US State Legislative District Map
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “U.S. States Legislative Districts.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”