Gather Insights with an Australian Territories Map
Create a Custom Map of Australia with MaplineYou can now create a map of Australian states and territories. Australia is a continent made up of six states, three federal territories, and seven external . It is the flattest, oldest and driest inhabited continent with one of the lowest population densities in the world at 2.8 inhabitants per square kilometer.Australia’s six states include:
- New South Wales – Sydney, the capital, is the largest and the most cosmopolitan city. The economy of this state is the largest in Australia.
- Victoria – This state is the smallest of the mainland states, yet the second-most populous.
- Northern Territory – Aborigines make up the larger portion of its population.
- South Australia – Defined by extreme wilderness, this state is also home to red sand dunes and Adelaide, the “City of Churches.”
- Western Australia – Nearly the size of Western Europe, this state has a population of more than one million. More than 70 percent of its people live in Perth, the capital city.
- Australian Capital Territory – Nicknamed “the Bush Capital” for its forests and farmland, this territory was established in 1911.
- Jervis Bay Territory – This territory was surrendered by New South Wales in 1915 to give the federal capital access to the sea.
- Northern Territory – Known for its Outback deserts, this territory also has sculpted cliffs and red rock mountains.
Steps to Create an Australian Territories MapFinding a visual way to display Excel data can be a challenge. With Mapline, you have the tools at your fingertips. We help you create a custom map of Australia in order to dive deeper into trends, behaviors and patterns by region and demographic. Get started with these easy steps:
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “Australia States and Territories.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”