Gather Insights with an Australian Territories Map
Create a Custom Map of Australia with Mapline
You can now create a map of Australian states and territories. Australia is a continent made up of six states, three federal territories, and seven external . It is the flattest, oldest and driest inhabited continent with one of the lowest population densities in the world at 2.8 inhabitants per square kilometer.
Australia’s six states include:
- New South Wales – Sydney, the capital, is the largest and the most cosmopolitan city. The economy of this state is the largest in Australia.
- Victoria – This state is the smallest of the mainland states, yet the second-most populous.
- Northern Territory – Aborigines make up the larger portion of its population.
- South Australia – Defined by extreme wilderness, this state is also home to red sand dunes and Adelaide, the “City of Churches.”
- Western Australia – Nearly the size of Western Europe, this state has a population of more than one million. More than 70 percent of its people live in Perth, the capital city.
Australia’s federal territories include:
- Australian Capital Territory – Nicknamed “the Bush Capital” for its forests and farmland, this territory was established in 1911.
- Jervis Bay Territory – This territory was surrendered by New South Wales in 1915 to give the federal capital access to the sea.
- Northern Territory – Known for its Outback deserts, this territory also has sculpted cliffs and red rock mountains.
When you create Australia state, territory and suburb maps with Mapline, you can gain a clearer interpretation of regional demographic patterns, trends and behaviors that drive business and marketing strategies. Viewing territory and state data on a visually appealing map—rather than endless rows and columns in Excel spreadsheets—helps you streamline analyses and bring sharp insights to the table.
Steps to Create an Australian Territories Map
Finding a visual way to display Excel data can be a challenge. With Mapline, you have the tools at your fingertips. We help you create a custom map of Australia in order to dive deeper into trends, behaviors and patterns by region and demographic. Get started with these easy steps:
- Create a Maplineand login.
- Click the orange “New” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop-down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Boundaries” option.
- From the “Boundary Type” select “Australian States and Territories.”
- Select a color for your boundaries with “Fill Color” (e.g. Random Colors, Uniform Colors, Heatmap on Pins Inside Boundaries or Paste Colors from a Spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of Australian states and territories! Ready to create your first Mapline map? Find information about our individual, team, API and custom plans to get started today.
Explore Other Mapping Features
Want to know what else you can do with your Australian states map? Check out our other features: