Map of Local Government Areas in Australia
You can now create a map of local government areas in Australia. The local government in Australia is the lowest tier of government. Currently, there are 565 local councils in the country. The areas covered by local councils ranges from as small as 0.58 square miles (Shire of Peppermint Grove in metropolitan Perth) to 150,000 square miles (Shire of East Pilbara in Western Australia).
Steps to Create a Map of Australia Local Government Areas
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “Australia Local Government Areas.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”