Map of Local Government Areas in Australia
You can now create a map of local government areas in Australia. The local government in Australia is the lowest tier of government. Currently, there are 565 local councils in the country. The areas covered by local councils ranges from as small as 0.58 square miles (Shire of Peppermint Grove in metropolitan Perth) to 150,000 square miles (Shire of East Pilbara in Western Australia).
Steps to Create a Map of Australia Local Government Areas
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click “New Map” to create a new map.
- Give your map a name and click “Create Map.”
- Click the orange “Add Data Layers” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Add Territories” option.
- Select “Australia LGAs” as the territory type.
- Give this territory overlay a Name and select the coloring option.
- Click “Continue.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of local government areas in Australia! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each local government areas just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a map of local government areas in Australia.