Map of Colombia Departments
You can easily create a map of Colombia Departments using Mapline. Colombia is a unitary country located in South America. Its neighboring countries are Panama, Venezuela, Brazil, Ecuador, and Peru. Aside from the 32 departments, Colombia’s Capital District also functions as a department. Each department is ruled by a governor and a Department Assembly elected to reign for a 4-year period. The departments’ role is like a country subdivision, hence, they hold a certain degree of autonomy. Colombia departments are formed by grouping a number of nearby municipalities. Some departments that have large population like Antioquia and Cundinamarca are given local administrative subdivisions while departments with low population like Amazonas and Vichada are given special administrative divisions.
Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of Colombia Departments. Colombia has 32 departments. You can create a map showing all departments or you can create a map of each department.
Steps to Create a Map of Colombia Departments
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “Colombia Departments.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of Colombia Departments! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each department just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a map of Colombia Departments.