US State Legislative District Map
You can easily create a US State Legislative District map. As a bicameral legislature, the United States has 2 chambers – the House of Representatives (Lower) and the Senate (Upper).
The upper house has more restricted power. Each state is represented by 2 senators. The Senate’s responsibilities include confirming appointments of ambassadors, cabinet secretaries, federal judges and executive officials, military and regulatory officials, and others.
The lower house is said to have more power which include the power to elect a US President (if there is no majority in the Electoral College), initiate revenue bills, and impeach officials. Each state is represented in the House. The more populous the state is, the more house of representatives it has. California, being the most populous, has currently 53 representatives.
Using Mapline, you can easily create a US State Legislative District map. The territories are available for Lower (House) and Upper (Senate) for all states.
Steps to create a US State Legislative District Map
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click “New Map” to create a new map.
- Give your map a name and click “Create Map.”
- Click the orange “Add Data Layers” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Add Territories” option.
- Select “U.S. State Legislative District” as the territory type and select the state. [You can choose from Lower (House) or Upper (Senate)].
- Give this territory overlay a Name and select the coloring option.
- Click “Continue.”
That’s how easy it is to create a US State Legislative District map! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each legislative district just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a US State Legislative District map.