US State Map
You can easily create a US State map using Mapline. A state is a political entity that shares its sovereignty with the federal government. Wyoming has the least population of state (under 600,000) while California is the most populated state (over 38 million). States are divided into smaller entities like counties or its equivalent. The largest US state by area is Alaska (665,384 square miles) and the smallest is Rhode Island (1,545 square miles). In order of statehood, Delaware is the 1st state to be recognized while Hawaii is the last.
Using Mapline, you can create a US State map. The United States of America is made up of 50 states.
Steps to create a US State map
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click “New Map” to create a new map.
- Give your map a name and click “Create Map.”
- Click the orange “Layers” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Add Territories” option.
- Select “U.S. States” as the territory type.
- Give this territory overlay a Name and select the coloring option.
- Click “Continue.”
That’s how easy it is to create a US State map! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each state just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a US State map.