Effective May 25, 2018
Mapline values your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains what Personal Information Mapline Inc. and its affiliated companies (together, “Mapline,” “we,” and “us”) collect about those that visit or use its website, mobile applications, forums, blogs, and other online or offline offerings (together with any and all future online and offline offerings operated by or on behalf of Mapline, “Services”) or contact Mapline, and explains why we collect that information and what we may do with that information. In this Notice, “you” and “your” refer to those that visit or use the Services.
Scope of This Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to your use of the Services. Capitalized terms used in this Privacy Notice and not otherwise defined shall have the meanings provided for those terms in the Mapline User Agreement, which is incorporated into this Notice by reference.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
We may collect Personal Information directly from you, from third-party resellers of the Services, and from others. In addition to the uses listed below, we use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes to provide and improve our Services. We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Services and use and disclose it for any purpose.
The types of Personal Information we may collect depends on the nature of the relationship you have with Mapline and the requirements of the applicable law.
Information We Collect
Mapline collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective, and former customers; users; visitors; and guests.
Information you provide directly to us: When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with Mapline, responding to surveys, or contacting us, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Creating and Facilitating a Mapline Account: We may collect Personal Information from you such as your name, username, addresses, email address, telephone number, image, billing information, and other Personal Information to create a Mapline account and display in your profile. Additionally, when you choose to log into the Services using social or messaging service credentials, we may collect publicly available information from that third-party account.
- Communications with Us: We may collect Personal Information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you choose to request information about our Services, register for Mapline’s newsletter, request to receive technical or customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys: From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our Services and in any manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Automatic Data Collection: We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geolocation information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visited before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, and information about your interaction with Mapline’s Services.
- Information Collected from Third Parties: We may collect contact, demographic, or other information from third parties to improve our marketing efforts.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including:
To Provide the Services, Products, or Information Requested: Mapline may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Generally manage accounts
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Mapline’s Services
- Contact you to answer questions or provide requested customer or technical support
Administrative Purposes: Mapline may use Personal Information for administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in and interaction with Mapline’s Services
- Develop new products and Services
- Ensure internal quality control
- Verify individual identity
- Communicate with you about your account, including without limitation to verify your account, alert you about system maintenance, and provide updates about Mapline’s terms and policies
- Process payment for products and Services purchased
Marketing Mapline Products and Services: Mapline may use Personal Information to provide you with information about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Mapline may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that you provide Personal Information
- Otherwise with your consent
You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described below.
Research and Development: Mapline may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources in order to help us optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services.
Services via Mobile Devices: Mapline may provide Services that are specifically designed to be compatible and used on mobile devices. Mapline will collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use such Services, such as a device identifier, user settings, location information, mobile carrier, and the operating system of your device. Mobile versions of Mapline’s Services may require that the enable or require that you download an application, widget, or other tool that can be used on a mobile device, Some of these tools may store information on mobile or other devices.
Anonymous and Aggregated Information: Mapline may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Mapline may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Mapline and with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues: Mapline’s Services may offer functionality to forward or share information or content to others. Email addresses and other contact information provided will be used to share content with that individual, but will not be used by Mapline or any other third parties for any other purpose. Do not enter contact information of third-party individuals without their consent.
Other Uses: Mapline may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information to Mapline, or with your consent.
Cookies, Web Beacons, Analytics Information, and Interest-Based Advertising
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Social Media Widgets: Our website includes social media features such as the Facebook “Like” button and LinkedIn (that might include widgets such as the share this button or other interactive mini-programs). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These social media features are either hosted by a Third Party or hosted directly on our Website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt out of the Technologies we employ on our Services you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits. Note that if you opt out of these Technologies, the Services may not perform properly.
Information We May Share About You
We do not share any Personal Information about you with any third party, except as outlined below.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share info we receive with vendors and service providers who provide services our behalf. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for provision of IT and related services, provision of information and services you have requested, payment processing, customer service, and in connection with the provision of the Services. We have executed contracts with our service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Business Partners. Mapline may share Personal Information with our business partners and affiliates for their internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Mapline may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with Mapline’s. Mapline requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf, and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Mapline has provided it to them.
Organization Accounts or Accounts with Multiple Users. We may share any information in your account with the others users connected to the same account or within your organization. You may also use the Services to share content with other users of the Services and non-users of the Services, such as through email or social media. We may share the information as directed by you. You may also grant permission to others to see your maps and data.
Marketing and Interest-Based Advertising. Through our Services, we may allow third-party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, pages visited, time of day). We may also share such information with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites within their networks. If you prefer we do not share your information with third-party advertising partners, you may opt out of such sharing by following the instructions below.
To Protect Us or Others and as Required by Law. We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; comply with the law; or protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfer. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
Your Choices and Rights
Right to Opt Out of Processing
You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to Mapline processing your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out of further processing by contacting us as described below.
Email Communications Opt Out
If you receive unwanted email from us, you can use the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of future emails. We will process your request in a reasonable timeframe. Note that you will continue to receive transactional emails regarding products or services you have requested.
Cookie and Advertising Opt Out
You may opt out of cookies from your browser. Note that the Services may not function properly if you opt out of operationally necessary cookies.
As described above, we use Google’s online advertising products. Google provides its privacy options at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You also may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from other advertisers or advertising networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations, which can be accessed here:
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
While you can opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see non-personalized online advertising on the Services and/or our ads on other Internet websites.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
You may inquire as to whether Mapline is processing Personal Information about you, request access to that Personal Information, and request that we correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information by contacting us as described below.
Although Mapline makes good faith effort to provide individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances where Mapline is unable to provide access, such as where the information contains legal privilege or would violate the privacy of another individual. In the event that we are unable to provide access or must provide restricted access, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for future inquiries. To protect your privacy, Mapline will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your Personal Information.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not respond to or honor Do Not Track signals at this time.
Your California Privacy Rights
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information (as defined by California Civil Code § 1798.83) about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission. We may allow access to some data collected by the Services to enable the delivery of online advertising on the Services and on other websites and online services, or to otherwise send information we think may be useful or relevant to you.
Mapline is a general audience service that does not target children under 16 years of age, and Mapline does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained information in violation of applicable laws prohibiting collection of information from children under 16 without such consent, we will promptly take steps to delete it.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, you agree to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Mapline retains Personal Information for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to: fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
Mapline is committed to protecting the security of your information (including content) and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. We use industry standard encryption to protect your data in transit. However, Internet data transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information during its transmission between you and us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of administrative, physical and logical security safeguards. If Mapline learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our web Services and/or via other communication platforms.
Changes to This Notice
As Mapline evolves, we may need to update this Notice to keep pace with changes in the Services, our business, and laws. We will post any revisions to this Notice, along with their effective date, in an easy-to-find area of our website, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. We will notify you of material changes as required by applicable law. Please note that your continued use of your Mapline Services account after any change means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the new Privacy Notice. If you disagree with any changes in this Notice and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Notice, do not use the Services and close any account that you have established.
You may contact Mapline with questions or comments about this Privacy Notice as follows:
- By email through Mapline’s website contact form at https://mapline.com/contact-us
- By postal mail: 5152 Edgewood Dr Ste 290, Provo, UT 84604, USA