Mapline Privacy Notice
Effective Date: September 28, 2023
Mapline Inc. and its affiliates. (“Mapline,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) provide a cloud-based mapping software. Our Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how we collect, use, and share your personal information and to assist you in exercising the privacy rights available to you.
Scope of This Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information processed by us in our business, including on the Mapline Platform and through related online and offline offerings. To make this Privacy Notice easier to read, the Mapline Platform and our related offerings are collectively called the “Services.”
Capitalized terms used in this Privacy Notice and not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings provided in the Mapline Terms of Service.
An Important Note
This Privacy Notice does not govern Mapline’s processing of personal information within User Data. Our Customers are responsible for providing the appropriate notice to and obtaining any required authorizations from individuals for the processing of User Data. Our customers’ respective privacy policies govern the collection and use of User Data. Mapline is a “processor,” “service provider,” or other similar term of User Data and its processing of User Data is governed by the Terms of Service or the Customer Agreement it has with its Customer.
Personal Information We Collect
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with our Services.
Information You Provide to Us:
- Account Information:> When you create a Mapline account, we may collect personal information from you such as your name, username, address, email address, telephone number, image, billing and payment information, and other information.
- Customer Service and Support:> If you call or otherwise interact with Mapline’s customer service and support, we may collect the information you provide to our representatives.
- Communications with Us:> We may collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you choose to request information about our Services, provide us with feedback about Mapline or its products/services, register for Mapline’s newsletter, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys:> From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide personal information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily.
- Interactive Features:> We may offer interactive features such as forums, collaboration tools, commenting functionalities, blogs, and social media pages. We and others who use our Services may collect the information you submit or make available through these interactive features. Any content you provide on the public sections of these features will be considered “public” and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein.
- Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events:> We may attend conferences, trade shows, and other events where we collect personal information from individuals who interact with or express an interest in Mapline and/or the Services. If you provide us with any information at one of these events, we will use it for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Business Development and Strategic Partnerships:> We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
- Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on the Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and process the information contained therein to assess your suitability, aptitude, skills, and qualifications for employment with Mapline.
Information Collected Automatically:
Automatic Data Collection: We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, user settings, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other device identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, details about your browser, location information (including inferred located based off of your IP address), hardware type, operating system, software, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during, and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, and other information about how you use the Services.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ device browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on the Services. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
- Social Media Widgets: Our Services include social media features such as the Facebook “Like” button and LinkedIn (that might include widgets such as the share this button or other interactive mini-programs). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and other service providers to collect analytics information on our Services, and to develop content. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Website by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Information from Other Sources:
Mapline Customers: If you are an Authorized User that uses our Services on behalf of a Mapline Customer, we may collect your personal information from the Customer in order to provide your account.
Information Collected from Third Parties: We may collect personal information from third-party sources including third-party services and commercially available sources. For example, if you choose to log into the Services using a third-party login service (e.g., SSO), we may collect information that is made available from that third-party service. In addition, we may also obtain contact, demographic, or other information from third parties to improve our marketing efforts and tailor the Services.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We use personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
To Provide the Services, Products, or Information Requested, such as:
- Fulfilling our contract with you or the Customer on whose behalf you use the Services;
- Managing your account;
- Responding to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Mapline’s Services; and
- Contacting you to answer questions or provide requested customer or technical support.
Administrative Purposes, such as:
- Pursuing our legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, fraud prevention and disclosure to our affiliated organizations;
- Sending you text messages for account security and to provide you with notifications;
- Measuring interest in and interaction with Mapline’s Services;
- Improving Mapline’s Services;
- Developing new products and services;
- Ensuring internal quality control;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identity;
- Carrying out audits;
- Communicating with you about your account including, without limitation, to verify your account, alert you about system maintenance, and provide updates about Mapline’s agreements and notices;
- Processing your payment card and/or other financial information for products and Services purchased;
- Preventing or prosecuting potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforcing our agreements; and
- Complying with our legal obligations.
Marketing Mapline Products and Services: Mapline may use personal information to tailor and provide you with information about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest to you. Mapline may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law including, but not limited to, by email, direct mail, and custom audiences advertising. Consent for calls and texts is not required as a condition to purchase products or services. Message and data rates may apply.
You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, as further described below.
Consent: We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
De-Identified and/or Aggregated Information: Mapline may use personal information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the device from which you access the Services, or other analyses we create. De-identified and/or aggregated information is not personal information, and Mapline may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues: Mapline’s Services may offer functionality to forward or share information, alerts, or content to others. Email addresses and other contact information provided will be used to share information with that individual, but will not be used by Mapline for any other purpose. You are not permitted to use our Services to contact other individuals unless you have the required consent.
- Operationally Necessary. We may use Technologies that are necessary to the operation of our Services. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services; that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security; or that allow you to make use of our functions such as saved search or similar functions.
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use our Services, determine if you have interacted with our Services, determine whether you have viewed an item or link, or to improve our Services.
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed so that we may enhance the presentation of content on our Services.
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party sites. This includes using Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
Information We May Share About You
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share personal information we receive with vendors and service providers who provide services on our behalf. The types of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: the provision of the Services; IT and related services; payment processing; marketing and analytics; and customer service.
Affiliates. We may share personal information with Mapline’s affiliated entities, including Mapline Technology Private Limited.
Business Partners. Mapline may share personal information with our business partners to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Mapline may also provide personal information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with Mapline’s.
Organization Accounts, Accounts with Multiple Users, and Sharing Preferences. We may share any information relating to your account with your account administration and, in certain cases, other users connected to the same account or within your organization. You may also use the Services to share User Data with other users of the Services and non-users of the Services, such as through email, social media, or embedding User Data on a website. We may share the information as directed by you. You may also grant permission to others to see your maps, datasets, charts, reports, dashboards, surveys, routes and other data. We will collect information about how individuals interact with the User Data you share or otherwise make available and we may share this information with you. Information about how other individuals interact with User Data is not User Data.
Advertising Partners. Through our Services, we may allow third-party advertising partners to set Technologies (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, pages visited, location, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites and applications within their networks. If you would like to opt out of this use of your information, you may follow the instructions below.
To Protect Us or Others and as Required by Law. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we have collected, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; comply with the law; or protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfer. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
General. You may have the right to opt out of certain uses of your personal information.
Email Communications Opt-Out. If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of that type of future emails (e.g., our marketing emails or our newsletter). Please note that you may need to visit Mapline’s preference manager to opt-out of all emails from Mapline. We will process your request in a reasonable timeframe. Note that you will continue to receive transactional emails regarding products or services you have requested.
Text Message Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to a text message you have received from us or by otherwise contacting us.
Mobile Devices. We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
Cookies and Advertising Opt-Out. You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, for some devices you may use your device’s platform controls in your settings to exercise choice (e.g., Android, iOS, and others). Please note that the Services may not function properly if you opt out of operationally necessary Technologies.
As described above, we use Google, Facebook, and Bing’s online advertising products. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from advertisers or advertising networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (e.g., Google) or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations, which can be accessed here:
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
While you can opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see non-personalized online advertising on the Services and/or our ads on other Internet websites.
Precise Location Information. You may opt-out of our collection of precise location information at any time by changing the settings on your device.
“Do Not Track.” Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not respond to or honor Do Not Track signals at this time.
Your Privacy Rights
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your personal information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) object to or restrict our uses of your personal information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed personal information; (vi) withdraw your consent; and (vii) request erasure of personal information held about you by us, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. In some cases, your authorized agent may contact us on your behalf.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Mapline is a general audience service that does not target children under 16 years of age, and Mapline does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained information in violation of applicable laws prohibiting collection of information from children under 16 without such consent, we will promptly take steps to delete it.
International Data Transfers
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws. For example, if we transfer personal information originating in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and/or the United Kingdom to a country that has not been found to provide an adequate level of protection under applicable data protection laws, one of the safeguards we may use to support such transfer is the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
Mapline retains personal information for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to: fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
The Services contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third party websites or applications is at your own risk.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
Changes to This Notice
As Mapline evolves, we may need to update this Notice to keep pace with changes in the Services, our business, and laws. We will post any revisions to this Notice, along with their effective date, in an easy-to-find area of our Website, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. We will notify you of material changes as required by applicable law. You understand and agree that you will be deemed to have accepted the updated Privacy Notice if you continue to use the Services after the new Privacy Notice takes effect.
You may contact Mapline with questions or comments about this Privacy Notice as follows:
- By email through Mapline’s website contact form at https://mapline.com/contact-us
- By postal mail: PO Box 749, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062, USA