Map of Sri Lanka Districts
You can easily create a map of Sri Lanka districts using Mapline. Districts are the 2nd level administrative division next to provinces. They are headed by District Secretaries which are appointed by the central government. The responsibilities of each district include:
- Coordinating activities and communications of the central government and districts
- Implementing and monitoring development projects
- Assisting lower-level administrative divisions in their activities
- Collecting revenue
- Coordination of elections
Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of Sri Lanka districts. Sri Lanka is divided into 25 districts which are put up geographically together to form 9 provinces. Districts in turn are divided further to make up 256 DS (Divisional Secretary) and GM (Grama Niladhari) divisions.
Steps to Create a Map of Sri Lanka Districts
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “Sri Lanka Districts.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of districts of Sri Lanka! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each district just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a map of Sri Lanka districts.