Map of France Postal Codes
You can easily create a map of France postal codes using Mapline. It was in the year 1964 when postal codes were first introduced in France. The country adopted the system of having 5-digit postcodes in 1972. Later, the postal code system extends to overseas departments and territories of France. Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of France postal codes. There are 6,048 postal codes in France that you can add to your map. In France post codes, the first 2 digits represent the départment of the city, while the last 3 digits represent more specific locations, like préfecture or arrondissement.
Steps to Create a Map of France Postal Codes
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “France Postal Codes.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”