How to Create Maps of the United Kingdom
Gain Business Insights with a Map of Countries in the UKThe United Kingdom is an island nation off the coast of northwest Europe. The geography in the UK is diverse—from lush fields and mountainous regions to valleys shaped by glaciers during the Ice Age. The region is an economic, cultural, and military power with global influence. The United Kingdom is made up of four countries:
- England – Divided into nine regions and 48 ceremonial counties, England also has various districts and parishes.
- Scotland – Divided into 32 council areas for local government purposes, Scotland is also divided into 34 counties or shires for cultural and geographical purposes.
- Wales – Divided into 22 single-tier principal areas for local government purposes, Wales is bordered by England, the Irish Sea and the Bristol Channel.
- Northern Ireland – Divided into six counties (Antrim, Armagh, Down, Fermanagh, Londonderry and Tyrone), Northern Ireland shares a border with the Republic of Ireland.
Steps to Create a Map of United Kingdom CountriesLooking to uncover insights and help drive your business forward? Organize your data visually with Mapline’s easy-to-use, powerful mapping software. Simply follow these nine easy steps to start your UK map:
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “U.K. Countries.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a UK map! Ready to create your first Mapline map? Find information about our individual, team, API and custom plans to get started today.