Map of Alberta Townships in Canada
You can easily create a map of Alberta Townships in Canada using Mapline. The township system was first introduced in Canada in the late 1700s. Township is the basic land survey division of land. It refers to the district or area associated with a town.Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of Alberta townships in Canada. In Alberta province, townships are not used in administrative units. Rather, they are used for the purpose of land division by Dominion Land Survey. They are recognizable by their township number and range number.
Steps to Create a Canada Township Map
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “Canada Townships – Alberta.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”