Map of Costa Rica Cantons
You can easily create a map of Costa Rica cantons using Mapline. Costa Rica’s population is more than 4.3 million. The largest canton is San José, the capital of the country, is considered to be the most populous canton. It has a population of 288,054. On the other hand, the smallest is Turrubares with 5,512 residents. In terms of size, the largest canton by land area is San Carlos. It spans 3,347.98 km2. The smallest is Flores at 6.96 km2.
Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of Costa Rica cantons. Costa Rica is divided into 7 provinces which are further divided into 81 cantons and still divided into districts. Cantons are headed by local government (mayors and representatives). Garabito Canton is the last new canton added last 1980.
Steps to Create a Map of Costa Rica Cantons
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “Costa Rica Cantons.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of Costa Rica Cantons! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each canton just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a map of Costa Rica cantons.