You can easily create a PUMA map using Mapline. PUMA (Public Use Microdata Areas) was first used in the the 1990’s by the Census Bureau. It is used in providing both demographic and statistical information. Each PUMA territory contains at least 100,000 people and are contained in a single state. In 2012, there are now 2,378 PUMAs.Using Mapline, you can create a PUMA map by state. Mapline offers PUMA boundaries as a territory overlay. The territories are available in all US States. You can also combine all PUMA territories by region, or a combination of all PUMA territories.
Steps to Create a PUMA Map
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “U.S PUMA.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”