Create US County Maps
Overlay Your Data on US County MapsYou can easily create a US county map using Mapline. A county is a political and geographic subdivision of a state. Of the 50 states, only Louisiana and Alaska do not use the term “county.” Their state divisions are called “parish” and “borough” respectively, although they function the same as counties. Delaware has the least number of counties (three) while Texas has the most counties (254).When you highlight counties on a map and then overlay your own data, you’re able to spot trends you could have otherwise missed. With county mapping, you can visualize statistics more easily compared to the confines of a spreadsheet’s rows and columns. Once you overlay your Excel data, you can recognize patterns within certain counties or territories. For instance, is your company performing better in certain locations than others? You can investigate information within each county to start to form your hypothesis and make predictions. Dive deep into information and insights when you use Mapline’s county map maker. Learn more how our territory map tools can help you create your next US county map.
Steps to Create a Map of US Counties by State
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “U.S. Counties.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”