Create a US State Map and Plot Your Excel Spreadsheet Data
Build a State Map with Mapline
You can easily create a US State map using Mapline. A color coded map of US states is one way to plot your data from Excel and visualize it for easy analysis. You can assign colors based on your own data, or you can use our heat mapping feature to show the density of your pin clusters, which can give you valuable information regarding sales routes, customer locations, retail sites and other metrics.
Build a Custom Map of US States and Other Territories
Plotting your data on a map and distinguishing among different types of territories gives you the ability to view your data segmented visually in a way you simply can’t do in spreadsheet format. Learn about how behavior patterns vary by state so that you can adjust your company’s own practices in accordance with the trends you notice. Check out the other ways you can use territory mapping to create an editable US map.
Steps to Create a US State Map
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange button “New.”
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Boundaries” option.
- From the “Boundary Type” select “U.S. States.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Colors, Heatmap on pins inside boundaries, or Paste colors from a spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a US State map! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each state just by clicking on them! Ready to build a custom map of US states? Check out our plans and pricing.