Create a United States Map and Plot Your Excel Spreadsheet Data
Build a State Map with Mapline
You can easily create a US state map using Mapline. A color-coded map of US states is one way to plot your data from Excel and visualize it for easy analysis. You can assign colors based on your own data, plot cities on your US map, or use Mapline’s heat mapping feature to show the density of your pin clusters, which gives you valuable information regarding sales routes, customer locations, retail sites, and other metrics.
Build a Customizable Map of US States and Other Territories
Plotting your data on a map and distinguishing among different types of territories gives you the ability to view your data segmented visually in a way you simply can’t do in spreadsheet format. Learn about how behavior patterns vary by state so that you can adjust your company’s own practices in accordance with the trends you notice. Check out the other ways you can use territory mapping to create an editable US map.
Steps to Create a US State Map
Ready to build a United States map showing all the states? Start viewing your segmented data visually, from states and customer regions to retail sites and much more. To begin, follow these nine easy steps:
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “U.S. States.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a US state map! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Then, get summary information about the locations inside each state just by clicking on them. Find information about our individual, team, API and custom plans to get started today.
Explore Our Mapping Features
Want to know what else you can do beyond creating a customizable map of US states with Mapline? Check out our other features: