Map of Australian Suburbs
You can easily create a map of Australian suburbs using Mapline. Suburbs are an approximation of gazetted localities. These localities cover most of the country where suburbs pertain in cities and larger towns while localities pertain outside cities and larger towns. In Australia, the term “suburb” is used in urban areas while “locality” is a term used in rural areas.Using Mapline, you can easily create a map of Australian suburbs. We have a list of suburbs by State:
- New South Wales – 2,626 suburbs
- Northern Territory – 216 suburbs
- Perth and Surrounds – 887 suburbs
- Queensland – 1,850
- South Australia – 846
- Tasmania – 420
- Victoria – 1,544
Steps to Create a Map of Australian Suburbs
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “Add New Items” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Territories” option.
- Click “From Mapline’s Repository.”
- From the “Territories” select “Australia Suburbs.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Color, Dynamic heat map colors, or Custom colors from spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”