Improved Mapping Performance
There’s mapping and there’s Mapline mapping. The difference? Performance! We believe that with better mapping performance comes better results and faster analysis. So we are proud to announce that for the new roll out, our users will be able to have faster mapping experience. Try it out now and speed up your data analysis!
Another equally important roll out is the enhancement in map sharing option.
First, users to whom the maps that are shared with edit permissions can no longer delete a map. Instead, the owner of the map or the administrator can just un-share the map with them. When a user is trying to delete a map, a message prompt will appear:
Second, when sharing a map with a user’s dataset, a message prompt will appear asking the owner of the map if the datasets should be shared as well:
Third, a shared map can only be duplicated when it is shared to someone with edit permission.
Be Mapline Ready!
In the 2nd quarter of 2017, with Mapline giving you the best mapping experience and the best value for money, don’t be just mapping ready. Be Mapline ready!
What a great way to start the year! As we stay true to our commitment to make mapping simple, we’ve rolled out another set of updates to make your mapping experience simpler while making it more fun! You asked and we listened. Now, it’s time for you to sit back and watch how these new updates can help you with your mapping:
This new addition reveals where locations are clustered. Many users have been asking for this feature because this is especially useful when mapping locations or phenomena that change dramatically over an area.
Ability to Save Column Widths on Spreadsheet Page
You can now slide the ruler of the columns in any way you want and it will be saved. When maps are shared, those whom the maps have been shared with will also see the saved column widths of the spreadsheet.
Ability to Delete Selected Rows from a Dataset
We’ve made it easier to delete locations from your datasets. Now you don’t need to click the locations one by one to delete them. Just click the rows that you want to delete, click the “Selected rows” on the drop down arrow of “Delete” button and bam! Your locations will be deleted all at once.
Added Support for Degree Formatted Coordinates
Mapline can now support decimal and degree coordinates.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
There are a few bugs that we captured and fixed. We thank you all for your feedback and queries. If not for them, we would not be able to make these updates successful.
Let us know if you have more suggestions. We are open to feedback. What else would you like to be simpler to accomplish while mapping with us?
If we were to sum up the year 2016 in one word, it would be “change.” Yes, a lot of changes happened this year, changes that best suit you, our dear Mapline users. We are committed to continuously add more features to the application that will help our users find fast results in mapping. So what have we been up to for the past few months?
Mapline’s V5 Update Takes Simple to a New Level
What better way to improve than to remain true to our name – Mapline. Hence, we find that simplicity is essential in creating a powerful data analysis tool. The simpler it is to use, the better the results of your decisions. With simplified navigation, we can make mapping and analysis become entrenched within your organizations.
Here are some of the changes in our V5 update that add up to the new “look” of Mapline:
- What’s New Link – In just one click, you can see the features/changes that were recently added. This is a great addition since you will be informed of the changes before you actually start mapping.
- Menu in the Logo – As you click the Mapline logo, you will see the Datasets and Maps options – so you can quickly jump right into mapping!
- Profile options in top right menu – Need to change something on your profile? Just click your name at the upper right corner and click “Profile.”
- Home and Account pages are mobile-friendly – With more and more users reviewing their accounts using their hand-held devices, we’ve optimized more of our site for mobile-friendly viewing and navigation.
- Plan limits and geocoding limits display on bottom left – Here’s a summary of your plan limits so you would know what has been consumed and what are the remaining limits – strategically located to keep you informed.
- Messages appear when logging in – >After logging in, a message will appear at the bottom of the page – be it a reminder, a tip or a suggestion.
- Simplified navigation menu – Need I say more?
- Your Data Stays in its Original Format – Previously, the order of your columns and your column headers could be changed when they were uploaded. Now, your data will be preserved exactly as you uploaded it both in the spreadsheet view and in the bubble on the maps.
- Territory Reports to our Coverage Overlay Feature – Now instead of having to draw custom circles around each pin to get a territory report, you can use the coverage overlay to do it for you. Then you can click on whichever location you want to get a report for, and Mapline will show you all data within that coverage area.
Take Features from Good to Great
We’ve seen a shift this year as we continue to develop features and make changes so that you can create actionable insights from your data while making your mapping more useful. So be on the lookout for more updates to our current features in 2017.
What to Expect in 2017
As 2016 comes to a close and 2017 gets under way, you can expect more changes for the better. As a trusted name in mapping, Mapline will continue to uphold on the high value of giving you the simplest and best mapping experience in the coming year and beyond.