How do I heat map my territories?
You can heat map your territories based on any column in your spreadsheet to easily see high and low performing areas in your network! Here are the steps:
- Open your map.
- Click “Add.”
- Select “Boundaries.”
- Select the boundary you want to add.
- Select “Heat Map on Pins Inside Boundaries” as your Territory Coloring.
- Click “Continue.”
- Select the dataset to use for determining the colors of your territories.
- Select the type of heat-map calculation you would like to use. You can calculate the colors based on the number of locations (“location density”) or you can add values together from your spreadsheet.
- You can select “Map by Percentile” if you want to assign a certain number of colors. For example, if you want there to only be 4 colors for states (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green), then select the 4 Groups of 25% option. This will force each state to be one of the four colors. Otherwise you can select the “Don’t Group by Percentile” option to assign the exact calculated color to each state.
- Select the colors you would like to use.
- Click “OK.”