Map of Ireland Provinces
You can now create a map of Ireland Provinces using Mapline. Ireland is divided into 4 provinces: Connacht, Leinster, Munster and Ulster. The Irish word “cúige” for provincial division literally means “fifth part.” Historically the country was divided into 5 provinces, the 5th one being Meath. Nowadays, parts of it were assigned to Leinster and Ulster. Ireland provinces function as cultural and historical entities, thus having no administrative nor political purposes.
- Connacht – The smallest of the four Irish provinces, with a population of more than half a million.
- Leinster – The most populous province with over 2.5 million in population.
- Munster – Covers a total area of 24,675 square kilometers with a population of over 1.2 million. Significant urban 2 (9,527 sq mi) and has a population of 1,246,088 with the most populated city being Cork. Other urban centers include Cork, Limerick and Waterford.
- Ulster – Ulster is made used up of 3 counties – Cavan, Donegal and Monaghan.
Steps to Create a Map of Ireland Provinces
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “New” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Boundaries” option.
- From the “Boundary Type,” select “Ireland Provinces.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Colors, Heatmap on pins inside boundaries, or Paste colors from a spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a map of Ireland Provinces! Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Mapline also makes it simple to see summary information about the locations inside each rovince just by clicking on them! Sign up now to create a map of Ireland Provinces.