North America States Map
Steps to Download a North America States Map
Mapping datasets helps you visualize patterns and growth opportunities that can transform your business. Get your own map of states and territories in North America. Simply follow the steps below:
- Create a Mapline account and login.
- Click the orange “New” button.
- Select “New Map” on the drop down arrow.
- Give your map a name and click “OK.”
- Click the “Add” button from the left sidebar.
- Select the “Boundaries” option.
- From the “Boundary Type,” select “North America States.”
- Select how you want your boundaries to be colored in “Fill Color” (Random Colors, Uniform Colors, Heatmap on pins inside boundaries, or Paste colors from a spreadsheet).
- Click “OK.”
That’s how easy it is to create a North America States Map. Once you have your map, you can create a map of Excel spreadsheet locations to overlay on top. Then, get summary information about the locations inside each state just by clicking on them. Learn more about our individual, team, API and custom plans to get started today.
Analyzing Your Map of States and Territories in North America
The North American continent is located within the Northern Hemisphere, however some parts of it are part of the Western Hemisphere. It covers about 16.5 percent of the earth’s land area, making it the third largest continent by area. In terms of population, North America ranks fourth. The northernmost countries in North America include:
- United States
Using Mapline, you can easily create a North America states map. Mapline’s tools help you see the big picture—instead of numbers confined within columns and rows on an Excel spreadsheet. With a better view of your data, you can dive deep into demographic trends, customer locations, shipping and delivery routes and much more. Once you have created your custom map of North America, simply overlay Excel data on your map to begin uncovering new insights.
Explore Our Mapping Features
Want to know what else you can do beyond creating your North America states map? Check out our other features: