Create Sales Territory Boundaries with Mapping Software
Well-defined sales territories directly impact sales results. And there is no better way to create sales territory boundaries than through mapping!
Territory Mapping with Mapline’s Drawing Pad
Let’s say your business has grown to the point where you need to restructure your sales territories so they can be more effective. There are two ways to build sales territories, and they are both super simple. The first way is to simply use the drawing pad to draw territories on your map. This is easy if there aren’t too many territories and you don’t need perfection.
Create Sales Territory with Overlays
The other way to build sales territories is by mapping territory overlays. This method is best if your sales territories consist of groupings of zip code, county, or state boundaries and you’d like to color each territory (such as zip code or county) according to the sales territory it belongs to. Let’s assume you’d like to do this with zip codes.
Steps for Sales Territory Mapping
- Go to your Excel spreadsheet and make the first column header “Territory.”
- Below that, enter all the zip codes you have.
- Make the second column header “Color.”
- Next to each zip code, enter the color you would like it to appear on the map. (Perhaps you want Clark’s zip codes to be “Blue” and Peter’s zip codes to be “Green” and so on.)
- Then, just paste those two columns into Mapline and you’re done!
That’s how easy it is to build sales territories with mapping. There’s so much more you can do with Mapline! Check out all of our features to make sure you’re getting the most out of your account.