Customize Your Territories for Your Specific Needs
If you have territories that are unique to your company and don’t quite match up to existing shapes, you can plot shapes on a map to meet your individual needs. With Mapline’s Draw Pad feature, you can quickly draw custom territories and shapes on your map. Once shapes are created, you can get a list of locations inside the shape and export them for deeper analysis.
Steps to Draw Custom Shapes in Your Territory Map
To plot shapes on your map:
- For circles and squares, just click on the map to create the shape where you want.
- For polygons and other custom shapes, click on the Draw Polygon button.
- Click to begin drawing your shape around the pins on your map.
- Click around all the pins you want to include to make the shape bigger.
- Click on the first pin you’ve drawn to close the shape.
- To include pins outside of your shape, click on the Edit button.
- Hit Save when you finish creating the shape.
- To change the color of the shape, click on the Paint Bucket.
- Click on the Fill Color and choose the color you want from the color spectrum that appears.
- To get more information about the pins within your shape, click within the shape.
- After clicking, you’ll see square mileage of your shape and a summary of all the data points inside the shape.
- Download the summary and location reports to use for further analysis.