How to Draw Shapes on Your Territory Maps
Customize Your Territories for Your Specific Needs
If you have territories that are unique to your company and don’t quite match up to existing shapes, you can plot shapes on a map to meet your individual needs. With Mapline’s Draw Pad feature, you can quickly draw custom territories and shapes on your map. Once shapes are created, you can get a list of locations inside the shape and export them for deeper analysis.
Steps to Draw Custom Shapes in Your Territory Map
To plot shapes on your map:
- For circles and squares, just click on the map to create the shape where you want.
- For polygons and other custom shapes, click on the Draw Polygon button.
- Click to begin drawing your shape around the pins on your map.
- Click around all the pins you want to include to make the shape bigger.
- Click on the first pin you’ve drawn to close the shape.
- To include pins outside of your shape, click on the Edit button.
- Hit Save when you finish creating the shape.
- To change the color of the shape, click on the Paint Bucket.
- Click on the Fill Color and choose the color you want from the color spectrum that appears.
- To get more information about the pins within your shape, click within the shape.
- After clicking, you’ll see square mileage of your shape and a summary of all the data points inside the shape.
- Download the summary and location reports to use for further analysis.